COO of our home

Friday, November 4, 2011

Blessing Bags

As I told you yesterday, I had my monthly LNO with the girls from my Sunday School Class. We meet the first Thursday of every month. It's has been a blessing to every lady who attends. We are able to sit back and talk and to get to know each other on a deeper level.

Last night we made blessing bags for the homeless. We signed up to over the past 2 Sundays to bring items. Here's the list:

applesauce
wipes
chapstick
water bottle
socks
bible or track
peanut butter sandwich crackers
tuna with pull tab
fruit snack
fork and spoon




We made an assembly line and packed all these items in a gallon size Ziploc Bag. I believe we made about 21 bags. We each took a bag with us and we are to leave it in our car and the next time we see a homeless person, we are able to give him/her the blessing bag. It was a great service project.  My goal is to always to have one bag in my car at all time to give away. I think everyone should have blessing bags on hand.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment