COO of our home

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Holiday Brunch



Yesterday was one of the most exciting days for all the women that attend Sagemont Church. Yes, ladies  I hope you didn't miss it.....the Holiday Brunch. It is a time to kick off the Holiday Season. A time to bring a lost friend or friends to hear God's Word and to see some beautiful tables. I believe this was my 3rd or 4th year to host a table. I must say I was very happy with the finished product. In the past I have done a Christmas theme, but this year I decided to a Fall/Thanksgiving theme. It was not as fancy as some of the other tables, but I was on a budget.


The plates, glasses and tea/coffee cups are my mothers. This beautiful setting was given to her as a wedding gift (1972) from her older sister Lily. They are truly a treasure. My Aunt Lily past a couple years after my mom received them. With that said, I felt honored using them for brunch. 

Everything on the table I already had except for the napkins ($5), 4 set of chargers ($4 Hobby Lobby half off), Gold Cross-(Gift for each lady $1ea= $8, Hobby Lobby half off), and my ticket ($20) So, I spent $37 to host a table for 7 ladies plus me. I think I did good.


Our speaker this year was Leighann McCoy, I soooo love her. I heard her earlier this year and was excited to hear she would be our guest speaker. She really is an awesome person. I would love to be her friend. She has been through a tough year, but I so believe God doesn't give you something thing that you cannot handle. Everything in your life is a gift from God, weather it is something good or bad in your life, you just need to use it to glorify Him.

Anywho, here's her blog, http://sisterpastor.blogspot.com/ and her book.






No comments:

Post a Comment